Effective Date: 3 October 2018
All capitalized terms used in the Terms shall apply to this Privacy Statement with the same meanings as in the Terms.
By browsing, accessing and using our Website and Services, you agree to proceed on the basis of this Privacy Statement and you agree with the conditions of processing the personal information contained in this document.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In this Privacy Statement we use the term “personal information” which is any information relating to you that can identify you, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, email address, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
LINKMEDICARE collects your personal information in a number of ways, including the following:
- when you access and visit our Website;
- when you create an account as a Healthcare Provider, User or other participant;
- when you fill in any forms on the Website;
- when you use the Services of LINKMEDICARE;
- when you subscribe to notifications;
- when you contact us;
- when you submit any content, comments or feedback on the Website;
- when you provide any information to LINKMEDICARE.
LINKMEDICARE collects personal information that is needed to provide you with the Services and does not request any other information. For the purpose of provision of our Services, we may receive personal information as follows:
- information provided by the user during account registration, including, without limitation, your name, family name, user name, country of residence, physical address, mailing address, phone number;
- information about your professional background, including, without limitation, your work experience, place of work/study, credentials, qualification, educational background, skills;
- your photo;
- any other personal information which you directly provide to LINKMEDICARE; and
- any other personal information requested or required by the Website.
You may visit our Website anonymously. If you use our Website without registering an account, we may still receive some information that will not personally identify you. Such information includes, without limitation:
- URL of the requested file;
- date and time of the Website visit;
- name of Internet browser;
- type of operating system;
- IP address of the used device;
- reference links when a user clicks on certain links.
This information is not used to identify you, but is intended for general purposes, such as technical improvements, statistical and marketing analysis.
GROUNDS FOR COLLECTON OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect and process personal information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include:
- consent (where you have given consent);
- legitimate interests.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You can access our Website and use our Services if you are over 13 years old or the legal age defined in your country of residence. We do not intentionally collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age and we delete personal information if we learn about it.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit: www.AboutCookies.org.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- service providers we work with to deliver services;
- legal and regulatory authorities, as required by applicable laws and regulations;
- our employees.
The user understands that the personal information is available and accessible by our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of service providers and other third parties that we do not own or control, or individuals that we do not employ or manage.
We do not collect or request your sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your religious or political beliefs, opinions). Where you have provided it to us voluntarily, you shall be solely responsible for security of any sensitive information, and we do not intend to use this information for any purpose, nor share this information with any third parties. Please do not post or add sensitive and other personal information that you would not want to be publicly available.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following purposes jointly and/or severally:
- for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out in this Privacy Statement);
- to provide you with services requested;
- to create an account for you;
- to respond to your enquiries and communicate with you as described herein;
- to respond to your complaints;
- to improve our services;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by LINKMEDICARE in the circumstances;
- to perform other activities as described in the Privacy Statement.
USER’S ABILITY TO EDIT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all personal information that we held about you;
- change or correct your personal information that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal information;
- right to access and/or take your personal information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information in machine readable form.
If you want your personal information to be corrected, updated or removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use certain modern technologies to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. LINKMEDICARE uses several security measures, including, without limitation, MD5 encrypted password.
While we do our best in order to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally secured, as no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure.
Our Website will send you emails that are Service related. Such emails include:
- welcome message;
- account activation message;
- administration approval message;
- thank you message;
- booking confirmation message;
- booking cancellation message;
- any other system notification messages.
Users can subscribe to notifications on our Website, such as job alerts (available for employees and candidates), discussion notifications (between healthcare providers and users), notifications about new services. Users can unsubscribe from these notifications at any time on the Website at opt-out page.
We retain your personal information for as long as your account is in existence or necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it or as needed to provide you with the services, except if required otherwise by law. However, when you terminate your account, we will still retain your personal information for a period of time. Usually, we will store your personal information for a period of 5 (five) years after you cease being a user of our Services, beginning at the date your account is closed. There are several reasons which we retain your information even longer, these include:
- to comply with legal obligations under EU or local laws (for example, anti-money laundering regulations);
- to establish or defend legal claims which could be made against us.
Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or regulatory requirements.
We process information both inside and outside of the Kingdom of Bahrain. LINKMEDICARE uses legally available methods in order to store your information in other countries. Countries where we store information may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
LINKMEDICARE may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. As soon as the Privacy Statement is revised, LINKMEDICARE will post an updated version of the Privacy Statement on the Website. The new Privacy Statement becomes effective from the moment it is posted or updated on our Website. We will send you an email notification to alert you about such changes.
If you have any questions related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us via the contact form on the Website or email at email@example.com.